Monday, January 25, 2010

Intro to the blog...again.

Hi folks,
Due to my inability to manage a blog "anonymously," I had to delete my very first post and repost with my pen name. Thanks for indulging my a) blogging blunders and b) NEEDZ ATENSHUNS!

Original post:
So here it is...my first blog post. I feel like I should launch into a big 'ole diatribe about why I decided to start a blog, what I plan to write about, share more about myself. I guess I could do all those things. Or none of them. The most overwhelming feeling I have is, "Are there really any people out there who want to read my thoughts/opinions/observations, or do I need to just open a Word doc on my computer like Creed Bratton?"

So let's start with the name of the blog: Moleskine Mama. I think I'm very clever ("How's that working out for you, being clever?") because the the name not only incorporates alliteration, which is a LITERARY TERMS I HAZ DEGREE IN RITING, but succinctly describes what I plan to post about: anything one might jot down in a moleskine notebook. Middle-of-the-night-that's-so-funny Jerry Seinfeld type musings, eavesdropping on people's conversations in Target, stupid things I do in my every day life, and maybe even a "that's so friggin' cute" moment while watching The Baby (TB). I might also talk about The Husband (TH). What I will not do is post photos of myself or my family, share personal details like my real name, or identify people in my life by their real names. Will posts have an over-arching theme, all tied together like a nicely packaged thesis? Probably not. Will they make you think deep thoughts? Even less likely. But I hope they'll make you laugh, or at least sympathetically chuckle, because apparently I think I'm funny and clever enough to write a blog people will actually read.
So let's launch into one of my favorite things: lists.
LIKES/INTERESTS:
  • Lists (and crossing items off lists)
  • Movies (and quoting them incessantly)
  • Parentheses (apparently)
  • Sarcasm
  • Judging those I probably have no business judging
  • Diet Coke
  • Sports (mostly men's college basketball)
  • Food Network
  • Passively stalking people on Facebook
  • Graphic design
  • Writing
  • Crafting/attempting Martha Stewart-esque projects
  • Naps
  • Post-it notes ("I'm sorry. I can't. Don't hate me.")

DISLIKES/AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE:
  • Most seafood
  • Misusing the variations of "there," "your" and "to"(Want to see my nervous "Lisa Turtle allergic to Screech" twitch? Send me an e-mail saying, "Hi their! I just wanted too know if your going to happy hour tonight.)
  • Superfluous apostrophes
  • I guess most grammatical errors, although I'm sure you'll find plenty in these posts.
  • Clowns
  • Any political/religious/lifestyle extreme. Because really, no one is 100 percent correct on everything. Shades of gray people, shades of gray.
Cripes, this is like one of those e-mail chain surveys/Facebook notes on steroids! I get to talk all about mememememe! What shall I share next?

No comments:

Post a Comment